Rogers River Resort and the Golf Course
While running his undertaker and furniture business in downtown San Marcos, A.B. Rogers began buying property along the river. In 1912, Rogers Park (also known as Rogers River Resort) opened at Rio Vista; the recreational area was equipped with bath houses, slides, and full swimming and picnicking facilities.
In 1926, Rogers acquired the Mill Tract and promptly created a golf course near Spring Lake.
Rogers had always dreamed of opening a luxury hotel in San Marcos. As the 1920s came to a close, Mr. Rogers' dream would come to fruition.