Marker for San Marcos de Neve

Item

Title
Marker for San Marcos de Neve
Description
This marker is found on County Road 266 in far east Hays County.

Marker text:
Known officially as Villa de San Marcos de Neve. Established in 1807 by Mexican settlers. The population on January 6, 1808 was 81. A flood in 1808 and subsequent Indian raids led to its abandonment in 1812.
Contributor
Digital and Web Services at the Alkek Library
Creator
Jeremy D. Moore
Date
08-04-15
Format
JPG
Language
English
Publisher
Texas State University
Rights
This image is presented for research and educational purposes only, and may not be distributed or re-published without permission from the University Archives, Texas State University.
Subject
History of San Marcos, Texas
Original Format
State Historical Marker

Position: 260 (9 views)