Formerly known as the President's House, this building served as the residence for university presidents from 1958–1982. The home was first inhabited by President J. Garland Flowers and his wife. Subsequent inhabitants included Presidents James H. McCrocklin, Billy Mac Jones, and Lee H. Smith. In the mid-1980s, the structure was renamed the Hill House and served as Southwest Texas State University's Guest Residence and Conference Center. Today, the building houses the Criminal Justice Department.