STEM Faculty, 1962
Dr. Charles Willms and a chromatograph machine, 1962
While this machine is not specifically identified in the negative collection, the series of images taken suggest it was recently acquired by the University as state-of-the-art STEM technology in 1962.
The man in the bow tie is Dr. Charles R. Willms, a professor of Chemistry at Southwest Texas State for nearly 40 years (1959-1997). The machine he is pointing to is likely a chromatograph, which was used to identify and separate chemicals within an unknown sample.
Negative no. 1962-0223_04
Image from the University Negative Collection.
University Archives, Texas State University.
Digitized and printed by the Digital Media Lab.