These two postcards show Texas State University's original water tower. The 50,000 gallon water tower was a fixture on campus from 1913 until 1967. The water tower became obsolete in 1963 when a newer, bigger tank was constructed. The old water tower was located close to where the Chemistry Building is presently situated.
Most notably, the old water tower was home to the Victory Star, which debuted in December 1936 as a Christmas decoration. In 1942, the star was erected as a symbol for athletic victory. The star continued to sit on the water tower until the tower’s destruction, after which it was moved to its present place atop Jackson Hall.